As most ballet students all over the world itch to be back in a studio, others may also be day dreaming about relaxing on the beach and enjoying the warmth of the summer sun. Did you know that even this year, you can actually achieve both and study Vaganova Ballet in Spain?
Although many ballet schools have transitioned their summer intensive programs to a virtual or hybrid format or cancelled altogether due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there still remains a group that will continue to hold classes in the studio.
Russian Masters Ballet is one of the organizations that had initially designed their programs this season to be online (which they are also holding), but with Spain entering la nueva normalidad (the new normal) in just a couple of days, they are now able to continue with their summer camp in Alicante as was originally planned. So if it’s on your wishlist to get back to the studio and bask in the Spanish sun, you’re in luck.
Study Vaganova Ballet in Spain
About Russian Masters Ballet
Russian Masters Ballet (RMB) was created in 2014 by a non-profit – National Association of Professional Ballet. Its main purpose is to allow access to an elite training to all those who, regardless of their socio-economic possibilities, work diligently and honestly.
Following the Vaganova Method, the referenced pedagogy in the field of classical dance, RMB organizes international courses whose results continue to demonstrate that with hard and constant work, the most difficult goals are achieved.
Intensive training in classical dance based on the original didactics of the Vaganova School of Saint Petersburg, the school’s courses offer a comprehensive curriculum developed by the most emblematic representatives of the best institution in the field of professional ballet.
Teachers and Guest Faculty
For their ballet camp in Alicante this summer, RMB has the honor of inviting an elite faculty. The following teachers have graduated from the Vaganova Academy or the Bolshoi Academy:
- Asiya Lukmanova – Vaganova Academy licensed professor and RMB director
- Olga Pavlova – Graduated from the Perm State Ballet School, graduated teacher at the Bolshoi Academy
- Kseniya Korobchanskaia – Graduated from Vaganova Academy, graduate teacher from Bolshoi Academy
Other guests include:
- Anna Öl – Principal Dancer at the Dutch National Ballet.
- Young Gyu Choi – Director Dancer at the Dutch National Ballet.
- Ieva Immertreija – Teacher, specialist in technique of Boris Knyaseff, dance designer
- Esther Schiffman – Nutritionist
More teachers and guests will be confirmed as challenging logistics due to the pandemic are resolved.
The RMB summer camp in Alicante will take place from July 5-26, 2020. There are two divisions – Junior (10-13 year-olds) and Senior (12-22 year olds) – during which students can choose to take anywhere from one to three weeks of classes.
These include a daily ballet technique class, pointe work, repertory, and stretching, as well as male technique and character for the upper level of dancers. There will be 12-15 students in each class.
Both programs also include:
- Meetings and Coffee Talks with the invited guests
- Teacher-parent report by appointment (online meeting via Zoom is also available)
- Complementary training “Nutrition & Coaching in Dance” for families and ballet teachers
- Nutrition talks “Nutrition in dance” for students and young dancers
- Conferences, ballet screenings and workshops given by invited professionals.
- Scholarship opportunities for the Russian Masters Ballet Camp in 2021
- Possibility of being recommended for major dance schools
- Professional photographic report of the course and video recording of the Final Gala
- Contests and offers from our collaborators
- Free physical therapy assistance
- Fruit for lunch
The summer intensive will culminate in the Final Gala, a concert where students will show dance pieces prepared in repertory and character dance classes.
Studio Location and Housing
Classes will take place at the Novelda Professional Dance Conservatory in Alicante and the official residence of the program is the Hotel Complex PSN San Juan de Alicante, a beautiful resort area with gardens and pools to enjoy during non-studio time.
The ballet course and life in the residence has been organized with the strictest sanitary measures and follow all government guidelines.
How to Apply
Interested in enrolling to study Vaganova Ballet in Spain?
- Complete the application form.
- Submit a ballet class video lasting 5-10 minutes. Alumni, students enrolled in online courses and classroom courses in 2020 do not need to audition.
- Wait for the approval of your participation.
- Guarantee a place in the course and, where appropriate, residency by signing a contract and making the payment of the total amount within the next 3 days after receiving the approval letter.
Full payment for the course must be made before June 29, 2020.
For more details about the summer intensives, visit the Russian Masters Ballet website. For questions, email: email@example.com.
Leave a Reply